Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cool Kid

So... I've got this really cool kid.


Yeh, I know what you're thinking.., "Everyone thinks their kid is cool. Well, yeh, I get that. And yes, I do think all my kids are very cool - I have 4. They are all very cool indeed. However, every once in a while you run into a kid that makes you think.., "Man, that's a cool kid." Anyway, I'm here to tell you that this kid is one of those kids.

Get this...

His name is Jordan.
He is currently 11.
He builds things out of Legos. Not just any old types of things... really cool stuff. And not the kinds of Lego stuff where you follow the directions. He makes a lot of his unique creations totally from scratch.

He built this spaceship thing with 3 booster rockets that pivot like the spaceshuttle.


He also built this wicked looking motorcycle thing that looks like it would eat GhostRider for breakfast.

He does crazy cool stuff all the time... and he is super duper smart. I just learned yesterday that he won his 6th grade class spelling bee - he didn't even study. I'm not kidding.

Most kids his age are like... " I wanna be a race car driver when I grow up"... and then next week it's an astronaut or professional football player. That's all fine.. you know. It's good for kids to aspire. But... Jordan, he wants to be a Geologist. He wants to understand how the rocks underneath the ground work and play together -- cool.

We both love rocks and gems and fossils and stuff like that. In fact this last Sunday the weather was nice and Jordan and I couldn't take it any more. We had to get out and look for cool rocks. We threw Henry (our dog) in the back of the van and took off North of Eagle, Idaho.

Didn't really find much in way of rocks, but Jordan found a cool frog - he loves frogs.


A little later on, I found a frog, This time it was a green one.

Jordan already knows how to tell the difference between normal rocks and those that will polish or are worth something. He even has made his own cabachons from star garnets, agates, and jaspers.

Like I said, cool kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment